An estimated 1,520 blockchain startup companies are now looking for workers, along with a number of corporations like IBM and Microsoft. As the market continues to grow, more lucrative career options will open up for those who are skilled in the various blockchain technologies.
Here are six of the best blockchain jobs on the horizon, according to the report.
1. Blockchain Project Manager.Companies are interested in developing blockchain solutions and will need to communicate their needs to a blockchain development firm. Project managers will be required to manage and facilitate these projects, especially as companies take on more clients. The project manager will be responsible for translating the company's needs into technical language, and the blockchain developers' needs into plain English. They are also tasked with planning and supervising the execution of the blockchain project.
3. Blockchain Quality Engineer.A blockchain quality engineer is responsible for all areas of quality in the development environment, including automation frameworks and tests, manual testing, and dashboards. This professional is typically responsible for planning and delivery of complex blockchain projects, as well as developing, applying, and maintaining QA automated test standards.
4. Blockchain Legal Consultant/Attorney. Many attorneys working in tech have reported getting more calls from potential clients seeking advice about how to structure and govern cyber currency Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) as well as on the issues they may face as they launch blockchain and fintech projects. The need for legal professionals to guide these projects will only grow as the technology matures.
5. Blockchain Designer. Companies will need designers to create websites that inform customers what they offer in the blockchain space. For example, a recent job posting for a user interface (UI) designer wanted a professional who could create a UI design with Sketch, PS, and Figma that would work in both mobile and web applications. These professionals should also have excellent communications skills, and be able to work with content, operations, and marketing teams.
6. Blockchain Engineer.This year, there were 14 open jobs for every one blockchain developer or engineer. These professionals are responsible for creating and implementing digital solutions for companies using the blockchain. Engineers must study the blockchain tech needs of their company and create the applications to meet those needs. They should be skilled in Java, Hyperledger Fabric, Ripple, Solidity, Python, Bitcoin, Oracle Identity, and access management solutions.